Welcome to Nakayoshi Gakko!
2017 Summer Session
- Our Summer session is just around the corner and will take place from June 19 - 30, 2017. Online registration will open and close during the month of February. Families will receive an enrollment confirmation email in mid-March.
- Returning family registration will begin on Wednesday, February 1st (link will be posted on this page).
- New family registration will begin on Wednesday, February 8th (link will be posted on this page).
- All submitted forms and tuition must be postmarked by February 28, 2017 to secure your spot.
- Please download and review the Registration packet. It contains important information on registration dates and parent reqirements.
Nakayoshi Gakko, or "Friendship School" is a 2 week summer program where children in grades 1 through 8 learn about Japanese culture and tradition. Nakayoshi Gakko provides an opportunity for the children and parents to explore the many aspects of the Japanese-American heritage
Nakayoshi Gakko is a full day program. Morning sessions include art, literature, social studies, and language. Afternoons continue with specialty-subjects. Origami, odori (dance), soroban (abacus), cooking, undokai (P.E.), sumi-e and music have been offered in the past. The Ryu and Tsuru classes have the opportunity to learn taiko and aikido as their specialty subjects. All students enjoy various cultural demonstrations at the end of each day.
We are proud to have a teaching staff of highly skilled and dedicated professionals who are committed to sharing their talents with our children. Nakayoshi Gakko promotes the Japanese concept of mentorship through our Sempais.
© 2015. All Rights Reserved. Nakayoshi Gakko